How to wear culottes ?
Thursday 1 December 2016
Culottes have their lovers and haters: some say it’s old-fashioned, men usually think that these large and short pants are not flattering, but most fashionistas have jumped aboard the culottes train, making them the « IT »-pants of the season. You’re ready to follow the trend, but you don’t know how to wear it? Here are 5 simple rules to follow to style culottes and make them look great!
- Always wear heels with culottes: your legs will look taller and therefore the pants less voluminous ! The perfect match this season for a modern and trendy style : culottes + ankle boots.
- Don’t underestimate the importance of the lenght of your culottes! The ideal lenght is mid-calf or right above the ankle.
- Never wear tights under your culottes! The only acceptable (and even recommended) accessory to wear under culottes is over-the-knee boots.
- Even if some models or fashion bloggers like to play with volumes and layer overized sweaters with culottes, it’s a little risky if you are a new adopter of the trend. Instead, I recommend to wear the culottes with a floating blouse, a tight sweater, a fit jacket or a bodysuit : it’s way more flattering, and easier to wear on a daily basis !
- If you’re buying your first pair of culottes: choose a soft and fluid fabric. Leather or denim culottes are more rigid and therefore voluminous, it’s harder to style it !
Not 100% convinced ? I’ve gathered 6 killer outfits that will inspire you and help you jump on the trend!
Ready to follow the trend? Shop below my 4 favorite pieces of the season: